Thursday, February 3

Stop and eat a Snickers

An EMT friend of mine told me the first thing he does when he gets on scene is stop, talk to the people involved and eat a Snickers or a snack of some kind.

What eating the candy bar or snack does is slow things down.

A good leader knows when to stop and do nothing for a minute or even a season. If you are human, you are always wanting to do something.  If a ministry stops or comes to an end, dont always look to fill the space with another thing.

An open space does not always need to be filled.  You will see churches stop one thing only to do another “just because.”  

Psalms 46:10 Be still, and know that I am God;  I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth.”

Being still unless you are dead does not come naturally to us.

2 comments:

  1. I heard a friend say, "Jesus is the King of kings and the King of awkward moments." We're quick to move because we don't like the awkwardness of anything. But maybe it is in those awkward moments that we really do sit, be still, wait on God. Then move. Wait on God, He always shows up.

    Dude, I love the random thoughts. I think you should always include scripture in them, even if you don't say where it is located in the Bible. It'll help keep you accountable with readers. Let's hang out soon!!!!! Adam

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks dude I am going to try to post once or twice a week. Yeah we should hang out.

    ReplyDelete